Agenda, Scope, and Goals
Guilford ROCS is an evaluation of the Ready for School, Ready for Life initiative, a community-wide early childhood initiative in Guilford County, North Carolina.
As of early 2023, the Ready for School, Ready for Life initiative’s prenatal-to-age-three phase encompasses three broad areas: (1) Building a System of Care, (2) Expanding and Improving Services, and (3) Changing Systems and Building Public Will. Ultimately, the goal of the initiative is to improve outcomes across the population and reduce disparities among individuals so that every child in Guilford County enters school developmentally on track and ready to succeed.
The Guilford ROCS study will evaluate the implementation of the initiative and the outcomes it aims to affect in Guilford County, addressing the following research questions:
- How is the initiative being implemented?
- How are the initiative’s values and principles seen in the implementation?
- What factors affect how the initiative is implemented?
- What kinds of services and activities do families with young children participate in? What do they think about these experiences?
- How are children’s literacy skills, social skills, behaviors, and health changing over time?
- How are differences in outcomes for subpopulations changing over time?