Recognizing that welfare recipients who find jobs may remain poor, the “make work pay” approach rewards those who work by boosting their income. This strategy was the centerpiece of the Self-Sufficiency Project (SSP), a large-scale demonstration program in Canada that offered monthly earnings supplements to single parents who left welfare for full-time work.
Use the tools at left to search for and filter publications.
Use the tools at bottom to search for and filter publications.
- (-) Remove Young People with Disabilities filter Young People with Disabilities
- (-) Remove People Receiving Public Assistance filter People Receiving Public Assistance
- (-) Remove Instruction and Curricula filter Instruction and Curricula
- (-) Remove 2002 filter 2002
- (-) Remove Student Services filter Student Services
- (-) Remove Financial Incentives filter Financial Incentives