Recognizing that welfare recipients who find jobs may remain poor, the “make work pay” approach rewards those who work by boosting their income. This strategy was the centerpiece of the Self-Sufficiency Project (SSP), a large-scale demonstration program in Canada that offered monthly earnings supplements to single parents who left welfare for full-time work.
Use the tools at left to search for and filter publications.
Use the tools at bottom to search for and filter publications.
- (-) Remove Young People with Disabilities filter Young People with Disabilities
- (-) Remove Welfare Recipients filter Welfare Recipients
- (-) Remove Preschool Children filter Preschool Children
- (-) Remove Developmental Education filter Developmental Education
- (-) Remove Single-Parent Families filter Single-Parent Families
- (-) Remove 2002 filter 2002
- (-) Remove Financial Incentives filter Financial Incentives