In this commentary published by Spotlight on Poverty, MDRC President Gordon Berlin makes the case for creating a more flexible safety net that continues to reward work when jobs are plentiful, provides employment to poor families when jobs disappear, and begins to address the problem of stagnant wages at the low end of the labor market.
Use the tools at left to search for and filter publications.
Use the tools at bottom to search for and filter publications.
- (-) Remove Methodology filter Methodology
- (-) Remove Employment Services filter Employment Services
- (-) Remove Accelerated Programs filter Accelerated Programs
- (-) Remove People Receiving Public Assistance filter People Receiving Public Assistance
- (-) Remove 2012 filter 2012
- (-) Remove Issue Focus filter Issue Focus
- (-) Remove People Who Have Been Incarcerated filter People Who Have Been Incarcerated