In partnership with Grameen America and with support from Robin Hood, MDRC and a group of experts discuss the new results of a random assignment evaluation of Grameen America’s microfinance program. In the Union City, NJ, site in MDRC’s study, Grameen America supports predominantly Latina entrepreneurs seeking to launch or expand small businesses — a community disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Richard Hendra, Director, MDRC Center for Data Insights
- Marcus Berkowitz, Vice President, Technology and Innovation, Grameen America
- Amanda Stern, Senior Program Officer, Robin Hood
- John Herrera, Senior Vice President for Latino/Hispanic Affairs, Self-Help Credit Union
- Jonathan Morduch, Executive Director of the Financial Access Initiative, Wagner School of Public Service, New York University
- Lisa Servon, Chair, Department of City and Regional Planning, University of Pennsylvania, and author of The Unbanking of America: How the New Middle Class Survives
- Moderator: John Martinez, Director of Program Development, MDRC